Saturday, August 29, 2015

(Not so) lazy days!

Just in time for my grandfather's and brother's birthdays I got home to Bavaria last weekend. Apart from eating cake, I went hiking with my parents in Tegernsee valley - I don't know what was more awesome, I guess the combination made it ;)




I also met with two of my friends from school, who happened to have planned a trip to Croatia, but apparently needed my convincing powers to actually pull it through. So off we went to the coast on Monday morning - in my friend's car!! 

We found a very nice apartment overlooking the coast of Rijeka and Opatija and enjoyed our first evening on the terrace playing cards and drinking tea. 

The next day it was quite cloudy, but my skin didn't mind, and when it finally started raining we shared an awesome pizza for lunch. We had walked all the way from the apartment on the hill to sea level, so when the rain stopped, we started our trip back. Let's say the shower was really worth it afterwards.




On our second day I was able to convince my friends to go for a short hike to a church we had seen from the beach. Afterwards we took the car and drove to the north a bit, where we found a very nice spot for swimming and free parking, yay! In the evening we went for dinner in Volosko, where I ordered a pizza with vegetables, which ended up to be the worst. pizza. ever. But at least I enjoyed drawing the cute elephant you can see below.


(That's actually the street one can use to drive down to the apartment - not up!! :D)



On our third day we again took advantage of our car and drive to a place south of Opatija, which was close to a camping site. Still we had lots of space and an almost private access to the sea. That evening we finally managed to go to the city again instead of staying on our cozy terrace, but it was a bit ruined by the fact that I desperately neede internet to book my stay in Plitvice, but suddenly the public wifi wasn't working anymore. Anyway this issue was solved in the end, and we finally found out where the music came from that we had heard on the terrace every evening: from Hotel Ambassador, the ugliest building in town. Yay :D


No comments:

Post a Comment